46. If the bus driver had ______ with traffic law, the car accident would have been prevented.
A. complied B. compared C. competed D. collided
47. ______ that he would fulfill his task so rapidly.
A. Never believe B. Little did we expect
C. Seldom could he D. Scarcely do we think
48. There were no tickets ______ for Friday’s performance.
A. preferable B. considerable C. possible D. available
49. The boy slipped out of the room and headed for the swimming pool without his parents’ ______.
A. command B. conviction
C. consent D. compromise
50. Solar power is being heavily promoted as a clean and ______ source of energy.
A. renew B. renews
C. renewal D. renewable